Jan 19, 2011

Ribbon disabled with Wiki Pages

I was recently doing another branding job for a client, using the starter master pages by Randy Drisgill, as usual. The customer started testing the newly branded environment and encountered a somewhat disturbing problem: when creating a new Wiki page to a site, the ribbon was fully disabled (except for the Site Actions menu), and the page threw a javascript error.

Checking out the problem, I found that v4.master includes three lines of code that the starter master pages don't:

Register Tagprefix="Utilities" Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities" Assembly="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c"
Assembly Name="Microsoft.Web.CommandUI, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c"
Import Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages"

Adding these, the ribbon started acting properly on Wiki pages as well. Might be, that for this problem, the solution wouldn't have required all of the above, but I figured it wouldn't hurt having them all tag along all the same, in order to prevent other possible functional problems.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the same problem after moving the PlaceHolderPageTitleInTitleArea content placeholder to the hidden asp:Panel area.
The problem was solved by putting the placeholder in a DIV with display:none.