So I took to figuring out the easiest and most convenient way of doing this. After fiddling with dataviews and forms and coming to the conlusion that they, in fact, were not what I wanted and needed, I decided on inserting the calendar webpart to the aspx-page in calendar view and then inserting a custom list form beside it in SharePoint Designer.
I actually ended up doing this from a scratch, on an empty aspx-page. First, I created a table inside the PlaceHolderMain, then inserted the calendar web part in the left hand cell by dragging and dropping it from the web parts task pane.
Then I selected the table cell on the right hand side and inserted the List Form in it (Insert > SharePoint Controls > Custom List Form).
Select to use the Calendar on the site and the New Item Form. I didn't want the Attachment and Spelling buttons on the form, so I also deselected the Show standard toolbar checkbox.
Now, the form needed some editing for it had way too many fields in it. So I selected the rows containing data that was not needed and deleted the rows by right-mouse-clincking them and selecting Delete > Delete Rows. But beware not to delete the requiered fields (marked with the stars).
Once the form contained only the necessary fields, it was time to test it in the browser. It was nice and neat and worked as it should.